Speech-language pathologists are team players, working alongside physicians and nurses in acute care settings, augmenting and supporting the work of physical and occupational therapists in rehabilitation clinics, and helping educators and parents implement individual education plans in the public school system.
In keeping with this cooperative spirit, SpeechPathologyGraduatePrograms.org was created to support those entering the field of communicative sciences and disorders by providing a dedicated resource where they can learn about graduate program options, state licensing requirements, national certification, specialized areas of practice, earning potential, and more.
Who We Are
We are a self-funded online publishing group that saw an opportunity to provide future and practicing SLPs with a dedicated resource.
Since we are not affiliated with any certification agency, state regulatory body, or professional association, we are in the unique position of being able to provide the kind of unbiased information prospective graduate students and professionals need to make informed decisions about career preparation and advancement.
We worked closely with dedicated SLPs who consulted on this project to help provide the kind of insights that can only come from experienced practitioners working in schools and clinics:
Our team of writers helped make this website possible, bringing years of research and writing experience to this project:
Dr. Helga George – Dr. George has spent several years writing about higher education, technology and information security. She transitioned to a career in writing after fulfilling her lifelong dream of performing research on plant defense chemicals. She earned a BS in Agriculture from Cornell University, an MS in Plant Pathology from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, and a Ph.D. in Plant Pathology from Cornell University. She also conducting postdoctoral research at the University of California Santa Barbara where she obtained a USDA grant to fund her research.
Hannah Coffman – Hannah is a writer and grant writing consultant with a BA in English. Over the past several years, she has developed online pieces and blogs on real estate, fundraising, and the non-profit sector. She has also researched and written on the topics of education and technology.
Scott Wilson – Scott is an author and information technology consultant based in the Pacific Northwest. He has a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Washington and has worked in the information technology industry for more than 20 years as a system administrator, IT manager, and consultant.
Rebecca Turley – Rebecca is a full-time writer and editor with a BA in Journalism and Communications. Throughout her career she has contributed to high-profile websites and blogs related to education, technology and information security.
What We Provide
Working in neonatal intensive care units, schools, hospitals, rehabilitation clinics and long-term care facilities, speech-language pathologists serve the diverse needs of patients and clients from infancy to old age.
A field that involves providing services for such a diverse range of patients across many specialized areas of practice deserves a resource that is just as comprehensive.
At SpeechPathologyGraduatePrograms.org you will find:
- Step-by-step licensing guides for each state that explain the requirements and processes put in place by each of the 51 US licensing jurisdictions
- Comprehensive state licensing overview that provides key details for each licensing jurisdiction at a glance
- Student resources that explain education options and provide a comprehensive list of CAA-accredited programs organized by state
- The latest salary information from the US Department of Labor showing the range of reported salaries for SLPs in each state broken down by city
- Links to exam preparation materials and details on how to qualify for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) through the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Information on specialized areas of practice, practice settings and related specialty certification