Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology
Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work with diverse patients in a variety of capacities, including administration, advocacy, direct care, education, and research. Once you have completed your bachelor’s degree in speech-language pathology or another relevant field, the next step is to pursue your master’s degree in speech-language pathology. Speech pathologist degrees at the master’s level will provide you with comprehensive coursework, clinical experience, and more.
Becoming an SLP starts with a degree in speech pathology or communication sciences. Take the first step. Request information from these schools to learn more.
- Calvin University - Calvin University's Online Speech and Hearing Foundations Certificate - Helps You Gain a Strong Foundation for Your Speech-Language Pathology Career.
- Emerson College - Master's in Speech-Language Pathology online - Prepare to become an SLP in as few as 20 months. No GRE required. Scholarships available.
- NYU Steinhardt - NYU Steinhardt's Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders online - ASHA-accredited. Bachelor's degree required. Graduate prepared to pursue licensure.
- Arizona State University - Online Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Science - Designed to prepare graduates to work in behavioral health settings or transition to graduate programs in speech-language pathology and audiology.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Speech-Language Pathology
If you have always dreamt of a career in academia, a Ph.D. in SLP might be for you. A speech pathologist degree at the research-doctorate or clinical-doctorate level allows you to continue your education while helping to educate others as well.
Online Speech-Language Pathology Programs
Many institutions now offer online speech pathology programs either partially or fully online. These distance-based programs allow students to complete the academic components of their SLP program through interactive, online study and then complete their clinical requirements at sites close to home. Speech pathology master’s programs online can make your dream of becoming an SLP more accessible than you might think. Get in touch with our featured schools to learn more.
Speech-Language Pathology Certification (CCC-SLP) and Licensure
Although it is not necessary in all states to earn speech-language pathology certification before practicing, earning your CCC-SLP serves as a mark of excellence in the SLP profession. Even in states that do not require the CCC-SLP, this speech-language pathology certification is considered the gold-standard credential for SLPs in every practice setting.
Speech Language Pathology Careers
Wondering what you can do with a speech-language pathology degree? SLP careers include several different paths. Among the SLP career opportunities that await you include opportunities within education and hospital settings, non-profit organizations, and beyond.
- Forensic speech-language pathologist
- Fluency disorder specialist
- Multilingual speech-language pathologist
Are You Ready to Become a Speech-Language Pathologist?
Earning your speech pathologist degree can jump-start a lifelong, rewarding career as an SLP as you work to improve people’s lives one therapy session at a time. Take the first step towards your master’s in speech pathology online or in-person today and learn how to become an SLP in your state below.
Find Speech Pathology Graduate Program Info For Your State
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia