The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a highly detailed analysis of the wages for speech-language pathologists in the major cities of Pennsylvania as of 2015:
Rapid Job Growth for Speech-Language Pathologist in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry estimates the number of jobs for SLPs will increase by 17.9% between 2014 and 2024. This rate of growth is more than 3-fold greater than that the average increase in the number of jobs in Pennsylvania. This level of growth should result in 215 jobs becoming available each year on average during the time frame of these projections.
- Emerson College offers a Master's in Speech-Language Pathology online - Prepare to become an SLP in as few as 20 months. No GRE required. Scholarships available.
- NYU Steinhardt's Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders online - ASHA-accredited. GRE and bachelor's degree required. Graduate prepared to pursue licensure.
- Baylor’s Master of Communication Sciences and Disorders online - Bachelor's and GRE scores required. Complete full time in 20 months or part time in 28 months.
One of the many sources of employment for speech-language pathologists is private clinics that feature the services of these professionals. Such clinics are found throughout Pennsylvania:
- Bala Cynwyd: Kutest Kids Early Intervention
- Beaver Falls: Talktime Speech Therapy
- Carlisle: Draavery Physical Therapy Institute: Nichole J Reynolds
- Cranberry Township: Talktime Speech Therapy
- East stroudsburg: Speech & Hearing Clinic
- Philadelphia: Jill Fedlbaum, SLP
- Pittsburgh: Bethany Anke, SLP
- Pittsburgh: Crossroads Speech & Hearing
- Pittsburgh: Nathan Speech Services
- West Chester: EBS Healthcare
Speech-Language Pathology Salaries in Pennsylvania and Its Most Populated Counties
Experienced SLPs in Pennsylvania earned an average salary of $88,950 ($42.76 hourly) as of 2015 according to the state’s Department of Labor and Industry. On average, the state’s speech-language pathologists earned $76,700 ($36,87 hourly).
The salaries for SLPs in the 10 most populated counties of Pennsylvania are shown below. Speech-language pathologists in Delaware County earned exceptionally high salaries:
- Annual: $74,740 – $86,680
- Hourly: $35.93 – $41.67
- Annual: $70,270 – $78,750
- Hourly: $33.79 – $37.86
- Annual: $81,050 – $93,410
- Hourly: $38.97 – $44.91
- Annual: $94,570 – $109,880
- Hourly: $45.47 – $52.83
- Annual: $70,900 – $79,180
- Hourly: $34.09 – $38.07
- Annual: $73,500 – $82,880
- Hourly: $35.34 – $39.85
- Annual: $85,020 -$99,110
- Hourly: $40.87 – $47.65
- Annual: $80,100 – $92,570
- Hourly: $38.51 – $44.50
- Annual: $78,380 – $86,560
- Hourly: $37.68 – $41.61
- Annual: $82,660 – $93,990
- Hourly: $39.74 – $45.19