Speech-language pathologists in Montana with salaries in the top 10 percent earned an average of $92,400 ($44.42 hourly) as of 2015 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. SLPs in this category are typically those with the most experience. Montana’s SLPs earned an average of $66,040 ($31.75 hourly) that year.
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry expects the number of jobs for SLPs to increase by 15.1% between 2014 and 2024. This level of growth should result in a total of 106 new jobs for speech-language pathologists becoming available during this ten-year period.
Salaries for Speech-Language Pathologists in Montana’s Major Metro and Non-Metro Areas
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a detailed analysis of the salaries for speech-language pathologists in Billings, Missoula, and two rural areas of Montana as of 2015:
A Career With High Pay and Substantial Job Satisfaction
The outlook for speech-language pathologists is so promising that the field is getting national attention.
US News & World Report noted the “spike” in pay for SLPs and reported that the average salary increased by nearly 7% between 2010 and 2014. The publication also rated the profession among the top 20 jobs in healthcare.
Forbes reported on an extensive survey of more than 2 million workers that asked if the respondents felt that their work made the world a better place. Based on the results, they included speech-language pathology on their list of the most meaningful career fields with strong salary offers.
Options for employment in the SLP field include public and social health services clinics, residential care facilities and nursing homes, as well as schools and hospitals. Private clinics also provide promising opportunities to speech-language therapists in Montana, some of the most respected of which include:
- Belgrade: Mosaic Rehabilitation
- Billings: Pediatric Therapy Clinic, Inc.
- Billings: Riverstone Health Clinic
- Billings: Rock Creek Teletherapy
- Billings: Speech & Language Ability Center
- Billings: Therapy Connections
- Bozeman: Epicenter Therapy Services
- Columbus: Daly Communication: Speech-Language Therapy
- Great Falls: Hands of Hope Speech Therapy
- Helena: Speech & Language Clinic
- Helena: Speech Therapy Solutions Montana
- Helena: Taylored Speech-Language Clinic
- Lolo: A Matter of Communication, Inc.
- Missoula: Above and Beyond Speech Therapy
- Missoula: Integrated TherapyWorks