The Idaho Department of Labor reported that speech-language pathologists whose salaries fell within the top 10 percent earned an average salary of $103,318 as of 2015. The median salary among Idaho’s SLPs that year was $67,600. The hourly wages for these categories ranged from $32.53 to $49.67.
- Emerson College offers a Master's in Speech-Language Pathology online - Prepare to become an SLP in as few as 20 months. No GRE required. Scholarships available.
- Baylor’s Master of Communication Sciences and Disorders online - Bachelor's required. GRE scores not required. Complete full time in 20 months or part time in 28 months.
- NYU Steinhardt's Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders online - ASHA-accredited. GRE and bachelor's degree required. Graduate prepared to pursue licensure.
- Calvin University’s online Master of Speech-Language Pathology degree program - Prepares you to become a certified speech-language pathologist.
The profession of speech-language pathology ranked 8th on the list of Idaho’s hot jobs that require an advanced degree. The Idaho Department of Labor expects the number of jobs for SLPs to increase by 26% between 2012 and 2022—a rate that is faster than the national average for this profession. This rate of growth should result in an average of 27 jobs a year becoming available during this ten-year period.
Salaries for Speech-Language Pathologists in Boise City and Two of Idaho’s Rural Areas
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides the hourly wages and annual salaries for speech-language pathologists employed in Boise City and several rural areas of Idaho as of 2015:
Salaries for Speech-Language Pathologists in Idaho’s Labor Market Regions
Annual salary and hourly wage ranges published by the Idaho Department of Labor in 2016 are shown here for comparison (average-90th percentile):
- Annual: $67,660 – $157,294
- Hourly: $33.70 – $75.62
- Annual: $66,624 – $87,909
- Hourly: $32.04 – $42.26
- Annual: $66,485 – $92,918
- Hourly: $31.96 – $44.29
- Annual: $74,547 – $115,507
- Hourly: $35.80 – $55.53
- Annual: $55,544 – $82,626
- Hourly: $26.70 – $39.72
- Annual: $67,268 – $91,256
- Hourly: $32,34 – $43.87
A Growing Number of Opportunities for Idaho’s SLPs
SLPs have a number of career options ranging from public and private schools to academic audiology and communicative disorder centers. Other options include private clinics which abound in Idaho:
- Boise Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Calico Pediatric Therapy Center
- Chatterbox Pediatric Therapy Center – Boise
- Children’s Therapy Place
- Celebration Speech, Inc.
- JoAnn Hammond, Speech
- Mountain View Hospital Speech and Language Clinic
- Premier Therapy Associates
- Speech & Language Clinic
- Canyon Speech Pathology
- Chatterbox Pediatric Therapy Center
Other Cities in Idaho:
- Blackfoot: Mountain View Speech
- Eagle: Speech Tree
- Meridian: Advanced Therapy Care
- Mountain Home: Advanced Therapy Care
- Pocatello: Speecth Therapy Services, LLC
- Rexburg: Speech & Language Clinic
- Rigby: Speech & Language Clinic