Experienced speech-language pathologists in Delaware earned an average of $82,306 a year as of 2015 according to the state’s Department of Labor. SLPs earned an average salary of $71,469 that year. The comparable hourly wages ranged from $34.36 to $39.57.
- NYU Steinhardt's online MS in Communicative Sciences and Disorders, Speech@NYU, offers a comprehensive curriculum that combines research and evidence-based clinical practice in a flexible online format. Speech@NYU prepares students across the country to become creative, collaborative, and effective speech-language pathologists. Students of this program will gain the experience needed to provide care to diverse populations across the life span. GRE Required. Request information.
- Emerson College offers an online master’s in speech-language pathology with the same curriculum as its top-ranked* on-campus program. Students are prepared to pursue SLP certification in as few as 20 months. GRE Required.
*U.S. News & World Report, 2018
Most of Delaware’s speech-language pathologists practice in New Castle County. More than 84% of the 440 SLPs employed in Delaware in 2015 were located in the northern county.
Most of the jobs expected to become available in the state will be in New Castle County. The Delaware Department of Labor expects that an average of 10 jobs a year will become available in this county between 2012 and 2022. The Department predicts that a total of 15 jobs a year will become available statewide during this time frame.
Salaries for Speech-Language Pathologists in Delaware’s Counties
Shown below for comparison is the range of salaries and hourly wages from the overall statewide average to the average for the most experienced as determined by the Delaware Department of Labor in 2015. Speech-language pathology salaries were exceptionally good in Sussex County where the average was more than $16,000 higher than the statewide average:
- Annual: $88,088 – $98,966
- Hourly: $42.35 – $47.58
New Castle County:
- Annual: $70,283 – $80,454
- Hourly: $33.79 – $38.68
- Annual: $68,723 – $78,478
- Hourly: $33.04 – $37.73
Salaries of Speech-Language Pathologists in Wilmington and Dover
The US Bureau of Labor provides a detailed analysis of the salaries of speech-language pathologists in Wilmington and Dover as of 2015: