The average salary for speech-language pathologists in Arkansas earning within the top 10 percent increased by 7% between 2014 and 2015. These highly experienced SLPs earned an average salary of $117,520 as of 2015 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Overall, SLPs in Arkansas earned an average of $72,570 that year.
- NYU Steinhardt's online MS in Communicative Sciences and Disorders, Speech@NYU, offers a comprehensive curriculum that combines research and evidence-based clinical practice in a flexible online format. Speech@NYU prepares students across the country to become creative, collaborative, and effective speech-language pathologists. Students of this program will gain the experience needed to provide care to diverse populations across the life span. GRE Required. Request information.
- Emerson College offers an online master’s in speech-language pathology with the same curriculum as its top-ranked* on-campus program. Students are prepared to pursue SLP certification in as few as 20 months. GRE Required.
*U.S. News & World Report, 2018
Arkansas offers a large number of jobs for SLPs in both urban and rural areas:
- Highest concentration of jobs of any state
- Nonmetropolitan area of North Arkansas—2nd highest concentration of jobs of any nonmetropolitan area
- Jonesboro—4th highest concentration of jobs of any city
In fact, a study published by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association on the ratio of SLPs to population indicated that Arkansas had the highest ratio in the country.
Even so, the need for speech-language pathologists continues to grow. The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services predicted that the number of jobs for SLPs will increase by 17.5% between 2012 and 2022. An average of 56 jobs a year should become available during this time frame.
Speech-Language Pathology Salaries Throughout Arkansas
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a detailed analysis of the salaries for speech-language pathologists in urban and rural parts of Arkansas as of 2015:
Some of Arkansas’s Well-Respected Speech-Language Pathology Clinics
Arkansas offers opportunities for speech-language pathologists in a number of private clinics that specialize in this area of therapy:
- Benton: Arkansas Therapy Outreach
- Bryant: Arkansas Therapy Outreach
- Conway: Pediatrics Plus
- Conway: Therapy 4 Kids
- Fayetteville: Children’s Therapy Team
- Fort Smith: Achieve Center for Therapy
- Greenbriar: Therapy 4 Kids
- Jonesboro: Communication Made Easy, Inc.
- Little Rock: Let’s Talk Speech Pathology Services
- Pediatrics Plus: North Little Rock
- Russellville: Pediatrics Pus: Russellville