The average salary for speech-language pathologists in Arkansas earning within the top 10 percent increased by 7% between 2014 and 2015. These highly experienced SLPs earned an average salary of $117,520 as of 2015 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Overall, SLPs in Arkansas earned an average of $72,570 that year.
- Emerson College offers a Master's in Speech-Language Pathology online - Prepare to become an SLP in as few as 20 months. No GRE required. Scholarships available.
- NYU Steinhardt's Master of Science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders online - ASHA-accredited. GRE and bachelor's degree required. Graduate prepared to pursue licensure.
- Baylor’s Master of Communication Sciences and Disorders online - Bachelor's and GRE scores required. Complete full time in 20 months or part time in 28 months.
Arkansas offers a large number of jobs for SLPs in both urban and rural areas:
- Highest concentration of jobs of any state
- Nonmetropolitan area of North Arkansas—2nd highest concentration of jobs of any nonmetropolitan area
- Jonesboro—4th highest concentration of jobs of any city
In fact, a study published by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association on the ratio of SLPs to population indicated that Arkansas had the highest ratio in the country.
Even so, the need for speech-language pathologists continues to grow. The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services predicted that the number of jobs for SLPs will increase by 17.5% between 2012 and 2022. An average of 56 jobs a year should become available during this time frame.
Speech-Language Pathology Salaries Throughout Arkansas
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a detailed analysis of the salaries for speech-language pathologists in urban and rural parts of Arkansas as of 2015:
Some of Arkansas’s Well-Respected Speech-Language Pathology Clinics
Arkansas offers opportunities for speech-language pathologists in a number of private clinics that specialize in this area of therapy:
- Benton: Arkansas Therapy Outreach
- Bryant: Arkansas Therapy Outreach
- Conway: Pediatrics Plus
- Conway: Therapy 4 Kids
- Fayetteville: Children’s Therapy Team
- Fort Smith: Achieve Center for Therapy
- Greenbriar: Therapy 4 Kids
- Jonesboro: Communication Made Easy, Inc.
- Little Rock: Let’s Talk Speech Pathology Services
- Pediatrics Plus: North Little Rock
- Russellville: Pediatrics Pus: Russellville