Arizona’s speech-language pathologists in the top ten percent earned an average salary of $97,400 as of 2015 according to the state’s Office of Employment & Population Statistics. Earnings on average were $68,790 that year.
- Emerson College offers an online master’s in speech-language pathology with the same curriculum as its top-ranked* on-campus program. Students are prepared to pursue SLP certification in as few as 20 months. GRE Required.
*U.S. News & World Report, 2018
- NYU Steinhardt's online MS in Communicative Sciences and Disorders, Speech@NYU, offers a comprehensive curriculum that combines research and evidence-based clinical practice in a flexible online format. Speech@NYU prepares students across the country to become creative, collaborative, and effective speech-language pathologists. Students of this program will gain the experience needed to provide care to diverse populations across the life span. GRE Required. Request information.
- Baylor’s SLP master’s program online can be completed full time in 20 months or part time in 25 months. 100 percent of on-campus graduates pass the Praxis and become employed. Bachelor’s and GRE required.
Speech-language pathologists ranked 15th on Arizona’s list of graduate degree occupations ranked by openings, wages, growth, skills, and turnover for the ten-year period ending in 2020. The Arizona Office of Employment & Population Statistics predicts the number of jobs for SLPs will increase by 22.2% during this time frame.
The Speech-Language Pathology Profession Offers Rewarding Careers
In addition to earning high salaries, SLP has been documented to be a rewarding profession. In fact, speech-language pathology made the list of the 25 most meaningful jobs that pay well prepared from a survey of more than two million workers by the compensation specialist company PayScale.
In addition to academic SLP centers and schools that offer a broad array of therapy options, Arizona offers a number of private clinics that specialize in speech-language pathology:
- A World with Words Speech & Language Therapy
- Bilingual Speech Language Pathology Services
- Kid Talk & Play
- SLP Services, Inc.
- Sonia S. Ackerman
- Darrell L. Jensen, MS
- E.E.K. Arizona
- Teal Door Speech Therapy
- Eat, Talk, and Play Therapy LLC
- Foundations Developmental House
- Jenny’s Speech & Learning Clinic
- MICELI Speech Therapy & Stuttering SolutionsTM
- Saguaro Speech & Language
- Speech Center—Southern Arizona
- Therapy Group of Tucson, PLLC
- Advanced Therapy Solutions
- North Scottsdale Speech
- Suttering and Speech Therapy of Arizona
- Pediatric Speech & Language
- Ridge Zeller Therapy
- Arizona Speech Pathology
Salaries of Speech-Language Pathologists Throughout Arizona
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics provides detailed salary data for speech-language pathologists in Arizona’s major cities and its nonmetropolitan area as of 2015: